Do you want to know the best grades of silicone for medical? Before finding the best grade of silicone for medical, let’s check out 4 types of silicone rubber available.
Types of silicone rubber that is commercially available:
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (Lsr)
- High Consistency Rubber (Hcr)
- Fluorosilicone Silicone Rubber (Fsr)
- Room Temperature Vulcanize Silicone (Rtv)
Silicone for clinical use:
A great deal of organizations utilizes the expression “clinical grade silicone.” This by and large means one of two things:
• Clinical grade: More actually alluded to as clinical medical services grade, class VI silicone tried for biocompatibility, this sort is our material of decision for a wide scope of items, including feminine cups, child bottle areolas, scuba mouthpieces, water lines, and food and skin contact items.
• Clinical long haul implantable material: This specialized term portrays a material that can remain in the body as a feature of an implantable gadget. Because of its virtue, it’s for the most part, excessively costly for food-grade applications.
• Clinical medical services grade, Class VI, and clinical long haul implantable are viewed as safe for food contact. The two grades are quite often characterized as fluid silicone elastic (LSR), which is infusion-shaped for perfect, predictable parts.